How To Participate
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Register your school in the online (Registration/Nomination/Selection) System.
2. If your school is already registered in the RNS, update/confirm your school profile.
3. Submit your and pay the $35 fee. (No fee for elementary level.)
4. Once the State Office processes your payment and activates your school account, nominate your students in the .
5. After you have entered all the students that will audition from your school, print out the billing sheet from the RNS, sign it, have your principal sign it, and mail it with payment to the ILMEA State Office.
◦ Always check that student names are spelled correctly and that you have entered the correct instrument or voice part for them. All nametags, programs, billing, etc. are taken directly from the data entered by the teachers. ◦
◦ Deadlines are listed on the website and also on the RNS. ◦
◦ Billing sheets must have a principal signature and director signature. ◦
◦ Nominate students from the school listed on the billing sheet only. Teachers who teach at multiple schools must submit one billing sheet per school. Private students must be registered under the school that they attend.
6. Prepare your students for their auditions. Check your email for information from the District President regarding auditions and then selection and festival information.
District 2 & 8 Schools Nominating String Students:
Please note that you need to follow this procedure if your schools is not listed under District 8:
- Log in to
- Select District 8
- Scroll to the end of the school listings and select "SCHOOL NOT FOUND"
- Enter school information. Please enter school name EXACTLY as it is listed under District 2
- District 8 President will automatically receive an email notification of a new school request. After it is approved, the State Office will be able to activate the listing if the school participation fee is paid.