Chad Ensinger - Senior Orchestra Representative
Quincy Public Schools
Guest Conductor: David Commanday,Eureka College
Festival Repertoire: TBA
REQUIRED AUDITION MATERIALS - SENIOR HIGH ORCHESTRA - STRINGS ONLY (HARP SEE BELOW)
1. SCALES: Students will be asked to perform two, three-octave scales (two octaves for bass) from the following list: C, G, D, A, E, F, Bb major and c or g melodic minor. Scales are to be performed at quarter note=120 with a detached stroke.
2. SIGHTREADING: The state is commissioning someone to create appropriate sight-reading for all strings and harp. These will be used by all districts.
3. STATE REQUIRED EXCERPTS:
Points of clarification:
1. The state required excerpt is intended solely for audition purposes. It does not indicate what the district or all-state orchestra will be performing that year.
2. In a given year, the excerpts may come from different pieces.
3. There will be a four-year rotation of excerpts for each instrument.
4. There will be a transparent process to replace excerpts if necessary.
Tone – 10
Intonation – 10
Technique – 10
Rhythm – 10
Musicianship – 10
Scales – 10
Sight Reading – 10
HARP REQUIREMENTS (2015-2016)
Capriccio Espagnol (Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov)
* Movement 4 Cadenza
* Movement 5: R to the end
(Kalmus #A1915 - Luck’s #06468)
#19 Moderato Scherzando
Universal Method for the Harp (Boscha-Oberthuer)
Quarter Note = 84