Reps and Contact: Brian Wand (Co-Rep) - email@example.com
Brandon Catt (Co-Rep)
Chris Cherry (Co-Rep)
Festival Conductor: District Choir: Andrew Last, conductor & TBD, accompanist
Ninth Grade Choir: R. Brett Goad, conductor & TBD, accompanist
2017 All-State Selections
Domine ad Adjuvandum - G.B. Martini/ed. Castellini
Concordia Publishing House
For the Fallen - Eleanor Daley
Alliance Music Publications, Inc
Dereva Ni Mungu - Jake Runestad
The Pasture - Z. Randall Stroope
Bonse Aba (TTBB) - Arr. Andrew Fischer
O. Pastorelle Addio (SSAA) - Ubmerto Giordano
● State practice tracks can be found at the ILMEA Chorus website:
· Procedures can be found at www.ilmea.org/divisions/chorus/senior-level-audition-procedures
· Tonal skills sheets can be found at www.ilmea.org/divisions/chorus/senior-tonal-skills-study-guide/
Ninth Grade Choir
● The purpose of this ensemble is to create an opportunity for ninth grade singers, who currently have no ILMEA District IX choral opportunities.
● This choir will be filled by teacher recommendation, not by audition.
● It is the teacher’s responsibility to ensure that the students nominated are prepared for performance.
● Each participating school can nominate a mixed quartet of ninth grade students (1 soprano, 1 alto, 1 tenor & 1 bass) and an alternate.
● If your school chooses to participate, you must nominate a full quartet, unless your school is made up of all women or all men. In this case you may nominate the two voice parts available.
● Sophomores may be nominated to complete a quartet if there is not a strong freshmen option in a certain voice part. ○ In the event that a sophomore student is nominated for need, but this student is also auditioning for the District Choir, an alternate must be designated (at the time of nomination) in the event the original recommended student is selected to the District Choir.
Please send names and contact info of people, outside of District IX (including private teachers), you think should be hired to judge. We want to get a good list contacted this spring instead of waiting.
Send the info to Aubrey Dunham - ADunham1@psd202.org