What is included in my IMEC Registration Fee?
- All clinic sessions, general sessions and performances
- All concerts (Opening Night, Jazz Night, All-State Elementary Chorus, All-State Concert and Honors Concert)
- Access to the IMEC 2018 Exhibit Hall
- Access to the IMEC 2018 Opening Night Gala including 1 complimentary drink ticket
- Access to ISBE accredited professional development hours
Are meals provided to conference attendees?
Meals are not included in conference registration. Complimentary appetizers and 1 (one) complimentary beverage will be provided at the IMEC 2018 Opening Night Gala. A buffet lunch is available for $10 in the Peoria Civic Center Wireless Cafe off of the Great Hall. There is also a growing number of restaurants within walking distance of the conference sites - be sure to take a Peoria Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) Downtown Dining sheet from the table in the Terrazo/Registration Lobby!
Are passes available for guests aside from full registration?
If guests would like to walk through the Exhibit Hall, passes may be purchased at Registration for $5 each. This grants access to the Exhibit Hall only and does not include concerts, clinics or other IMEC events.
Where should I park in downtown Peoria?
Paid parking is available at the Civic Center in the Marquee Lot (off of Kumpf Boulevard) and Fulton Lot (Fulton Street and Monroe Street), on the street in Downtown Peoria (metered), as well as these other lots/garages within close proximity:
- City Center Plaza Lot - N William Kumpf Boulevard and W 4th Street
- Jefferson Parking Deck - SW Jefferson Avenue between Fulton Street and Liberty Street)
- Becker Building Office Deck - SW Madison Avenue and Main Street
- Twin Towers Garage - 123 SW Jefferson Avenue
- PNC Bank Deck - Liberty Street and SW Jefferson Avenue
Several other downtown parking options are available - pick up a Downtown Parking map from the Peoria CVB table in the Terrazo/Registration lobby.
Is public transportation available?
CityLink is the Greater Peoria Mass Transit bus service available in Downtown Peoria. Visit www.ridecitylink.org or find routes in your phone’s maps app. Taxi service and ride-sharing services are also available in Downtown Peoria and East Peoria.
What venues host IMEC events?
- Peoria Civic Center - 201 SW Jefferson Street (Clinics, Concerts, Exhibit Hall, General Events and Meetings, All-State and Honors Concerts, Band Rehearsals, Registration, Other Receptions and Events)
- Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel - 501 Main Street (Orchestra Rehearsals, Jazz Rehearsals, Composition Track Meetings, Other Receptions and Events)
- First United Methodist Church - 116 NE Perry Avenue (FMES Meetings, Chorus Rehearsals)
- Scottish Rite Cathedral - 400 NE Perry Avenue (Chorus Clinics and Performances)
Where and when are All-State Concerts on Saturday? Do I need a ticket?
- All-State Elementary Chorus - 12:15pm in Civic Center 400
- All-State Band, Chorus and Orchestra - 1:15pm in Carver Arena
- Honors Band, Chorus and Orchestra - 3:30pm in Carver Arena
Complimentary admission is granted with an IMEC 2018 conference badge; $5 General Admission Tickets are available for purchase at the box office at each event.
Can I access session materials online?
Most clinic presenters have provided their materials to be posted online. Please visit www.ilmea.org/imec and navigate to the 2018 Handout Gallery to see available handouts and materials.
How can I make sure I get Professional Development hours for my teaching license?
At the conclusion of each clinic session, you must present your form to be stamped by the presider at the door or front of the room. Stamps for a given workshop will only be issued immediately following the workshops conclusion so please find this individual directly after the workshop. Your sheet may not be stamped by another sessions’ presider or at the Professional Development Booth.
At the conclusion of your conference experience, bring the stamped Workshop Verification Form and your completed Evidence of Completion form with you to the Professional Development booth in the Terrazo/Registration lobby for processing where you will then receive your official ISBE Completion Form. The stamped Workshop Verification Form is not your official ISBE paperwork - you will need the official ISBE Completion Form for official documentation.
For more information and details, please see page 15 of the IMEC 2018 Official Program.
Is there an IMEC app?
Yes! Download the EduPlus app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, and then search for IMEC 2018. Or you can visit e.confplusapp.com to download directly from the site and then search for IMEC 2018.
How do I use the WiFi at the Peoria Civic Center?
There is a complimentary, open WiFi network available during the conference at the Peoria Civic Center.
Where is the Lost & Found?
Lost and Found is located at the Information Desk in the Grand Lobby or in Conference Headquarters in the Caterpillar Conference Room off of the Skylight Lobby.
Where do I go for First Aid?
First Aid is behind the Information Desk in the Grand Lobby.
When is the 2019 Illinois Music Education Conference?
IMEC 2019 will take place from January 23-26, 2019 in Peoria, Illinois.
I’m interested in presenting a clinic or bringing my performing group to IMEC 2019. How do I apply to do that?
Please visit www.ilmea.org/imec2019 for the 2019 Clinic Application or the 2019 Performance Application for details, materials needed and the application form.
My question is not answered here. Whom do I contact?
For time-sensitive questions, please call the ILMEA State Office at 708-479-4000. All other questions should be sent to email@example.com. Both phone and email will be monitored during the conference.