Junior Instrumental Jazz Auditions
Click Here for Printable D2 Junior Jazz Audition Material and detailed explanation
1. Audition Etude from Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble
- **2018-2019 Jazz Etude Cycle 3 - St. Louis Blues, page 17, number 58
- 2019-2020 Jazz Etude Cycle 1 - Riffin’ Around, page 23, number 81
- 2020-2021 Jazz Etude Cycle 2 - Boppin' Around," page 27, number 99
Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Vibes, Guitar, Piano: Improvise 2 choruses over F blues track (Aebersold) Maiden Voyage, Volume 54, track 10
3. Additional Material for Rhythm Only
Drum Set: Percussionists must demonstrate a basic swing, rock, and Samba (or Bossa Nova) pattern.
Bass: Play F Blues Bass Line (Click Here for Bass Requirement)
Piano: Comp chords over F blues track (Aebersold) Maiden Voyage, track 10
Guitar: Guitarists will be asked to play four chords per measure in a Freddie Green style to the F Blues Aebersold track. Click Here for the changes to use.