Deadline for Junior Audition Nominations
Junior Band/Chorus/Orchestra Festival
November 3, 2018 Location TBD
Stacy Williams-Jackson, President
Junior Orchestra Representative
Junior Orchestra Co-Representative
The 2017 ILMEA Jr. Orchestra Audition will consist of the following:
- Students are to prepare all six scales and all four excerpts listed on the website
- Students will be asked to play two scales and two excerpts on the audition day. The two selected scales and two selected audition excerpts will be posted outside the judges room on the day of the audition.
- Violinists will have a separate room for the scales and a separate room for the excerpts. Please make sure to tell your violin students there are at least two rooms. In the event there are many violinists auditioning, there is a possibility of having three audition rooms. In this case, one room will be for the scale audition, one room for the first selected excerpt and the third room for the second selected excerpt.
- Students will have the opportunity to warm up and tune in a designated area.
- 2017 Junior Orchestra Audition Excerpts: Full Set (with tempo markings)
- Junior Orchestra Scales
The 2017 Ensemble Conductor will be Dr. Michael Hopkins.
- All Festival Information will be found under the Festival Day Information Page to the left