Dear District IV elementary music teacher and choir directors,
Greetings, and welcome to another year of music making! Below, you will find the 2017 District IV Elementary Chorus selections. Our conductor, Amy Stollberg, from Quincy University, is really looking forward to working with your students!
I would like to encourage you to nominate students to our chorus. Our numbers have dwindled over the years, and it would be great to see a chorus of nearly 100 again! Remember, there is NO audition for this chorus, students are simply nominated by their directors. Please just rank your students for us on the nomination form online, in the event we have to cull the group.
If you know of a teacher that has retired or moved and someone else has taken over their position, would you be so kind as to let us know? We want our email list to be as accurate as possible so it reaches everyone. Better yet, encourage them to update their information on the ILMEA website in RNS and enter some students!
Please let me know if you have any questions. You will note that Amy has chosen two selections from several years ago, in the hope that perhaps doing music from our existing libraries will save on costs.
District IV Elementary Chorus Coordinator
1. Tres canciones de los elementos, (Three Songs About the Elements), two-part Victor C. Johnson - Heritage Music Press, 15/2520H
2. For the Beauty of the Earth, two-part, John Rutter, Oxford University Press, 9780193415133
3. Sisi ni moja, two-part, Jacob Narverud, Santa Barbara Music Publishing, SBMP1439
4. Rejoice and Sing, two part, Rollo Dilworth, Hal Leonard Publishing
1. There is no audition for elementary choir students.
2. Students need to be nominated via the RNS system.RNS
3. This group is for fifth and sixth grade students only.
Mass Ensemble Piece Rotation:
2017- Pledge of Allegiance by Alfred Reed
2018- My America by Joyce Eilers and Paul Murtha
2019- God Bless America by Joyce Eilers and Paul Jennings