Tony Militello – Senior Choir Representative
Canton High School
Guest Conductor: Dr. Guy Forbes, Millikin University
State Required Pieces:
1. ***EARTH SONG - TICHELI - HINSHAW PUBLISHING - HPC7098
2. ***REGINA COELI - MOZART - BOB BOYD EDITION Regina Coeli KV 276 (266.8 KB)
Practice Link: https://goo.gl/Su1DFU
District 4 Additional Repertoire:
1. I Am in Need of Music, David L. Brunner - SATB (Boosey & Hawkes M-051-47703-6) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjyWh6U3f4
2. O Nata Lux, Guy Forbes - SSAATTBB (Pavane Publishing P1333)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-5jcNJjxo
3. Will the Circle Be Unbroken, J. David Moore - SSAA (Fresh Ayre Music - FAM-1072-02) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvmkDC4aaOI
4. Tshotsholoza, Jeffery Ames - TTBB (Walton Music - WLG114) https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=3304220
September 26 at Illinois College.
1. All-State Required Pieces (listed above)
2. Tonal Skills
3. Sight Reading There will only be one four measure example. Four points in each measure, 2 for rhythm and 2 for notes. Partial Credit may be given.
Examples may be in major or minor but will only come from the following keys: B flat Major, F Major, C Major, G Major or D Major and the five relative minor keys of those five keys.
A starting pitch will be given (not tonality). the student will have 20 seconds to study silently or they may audiate if they would like. After the 20 seconds is over, a second starting pitch will be given and they will begin. The judge will only adjudicate what they hear after the study period and the second pitch.
Sight reading examples van be found .
4. Age Requirement/Voice Part - 9th grade students MUST audition for SENIOR CHOIR. Make sure to enter the correct voice part when completing the online entry process. Switching voice parts on audition day will not be allowed.
5. Special Rules -
a. Students may only audition for 1 concert group, and 1 jazz group. (Students may
NOT audition for BOTH Sr. Chorus and Sr. Band, or BOTH Sr. Chorus
and Sr. Orchestra)
b. Students may use ANY visual aid they wish for the tonal skills portion of
For further details, please visit the , or e-mail .