ELEMENTARY CHORUS REPRESENTATIVE
Mt. Zion Intermediate
Erika Dowd, guest conductor
Lyn Mallard, accompanist
Erika Dowd is the vocal and general music teacher for Meridian CUSD #15 in Macon and Blue Mound, IL. She is a native of Moweaqua and a 2006 graduate of Central A&M High School. Erika attended Illinois College in Jacksonville, IL and graduated in 2010 with a Bachelors of Science in Music Education. She is currently a graduate student at Illinois State University who is pursuing a Masters of Music Education Degree. While at Meridian, Erika has been the musical vocal director for both the middle school and high school musical productions. She also worked with the Decatur Park District, as the music director, on the production of “Singin’ in the Rain Jr.” Erika has performed nationally with a Southern Gospel group, The Chosen Ones, as well as with her family, TheDowd Family and has been a featured soloist with the Decatur Municipal Band. During her career, Erika has adjudicated numerous IHSA Solo/Ensemble Contests and ILMEA District Auditions. She has also been the guest director for the Decatur Public School Choral Festival. In her spare time, Erika enjoys golfing and taking random road trips.
When I Close My Eyes - Papoulis
Sansa Kroma - Miller
Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive - Hirokawa
Somewhere In My Memory - McPheeters
Singing Freedom's Song - Sleeth
- 5th and 6th grade students enrolled in your choir are eligible.
- Nominate the top 15% of your choir. ex. 125 students 18-19 nominations
- Make and effort to have an even number of Soprano and Altos
- Rank the students with your highest students being number 1. You may consider your highest soprano and 1 and your highest alto as 2 and alternate between the two sections until you have reached your max number of nominees.
- Students need to be well-prepared with the literature before arriving the day of the festival.