DISTRICT 7 SENIOR ORCHESTRA
Senior Orchestra Representatives:
ILMEA District 7 Senior Orchestra Representative
Maura Brown (Term ends 2018)
Elk Grove High School, Elk Grove Village
ILMEA District 7 Senior Orchestra Representative-ELECT
Sarah Struebing (Term ends 2020)
Wheeling High School, Wheeling
ILMEA Orchestra Division President
Libertyville High School
No limit to the number of string players who audition.
However, all directors are asked to prescreen all of their own students prior to the auditions.
All violinists will audition on VIOLIN. They will be placed in 1st or 2nd violin after auditions.
Student RNS entry Deadline:
Friday, September 22, 2017- 11:59pm
Audition Fee: The Audition Fee is $10 per student
Audition Date and Site:
Tuesday, October 3, 2016
Rolling Meadowns High School
2901 Central Road
Rolling Meadows, 60008
Senior Orchestra Audition Procedures are located here
Participation fee: $20 will be billed for every student selected for inclusion in the District 7 Senior Chorus
District 7 Senior Festival Date and Location:
Saturday, November 11 2017
Glenbrook North High School
2300 Shermer Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5, IV. Allegro non troppo
Additional Selections TBA
District 7 Conductor: Louis Bergonzi, University of Illinois
2017 Audition Requirements for VIOLIN/VIOLA/CELLO/BASS:
· Supplemental Excerpts from Shostakovich Symphony No. 5, Movement IV
· Contact your school’s orchestra director for a copy of these excerpts.
· If you attend a school without an orchestra director, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· State Required Excerpts
· Link to 2017 State Required Excerpts
· ILMEA String Scales
· Link to Scale Sheet
· Required Tempo: Quarter = 120
· Sight Reading music will be provided at the audition