Senior Level Required Music
Required Music (2018-19)
1. State required excerpts - Brahms Year
C, G, D, A, E, F, and Bb Major
c and g melodic minor
Violin-Viola-Cello: Three Octaves
String Bass: Two Octaves
Quarter Note = 120
Here are the sight-readings from past years as guidance and practice. They will not be used again.
4. District selected supplemental excerpts. Please contact your district representative for more information.
- #32 Allegro Scherzando
- 40 Easy Studies (Quarante Celebres Etudes) op.318, Book 2, Nicholas Boscha (Salvi Publications)
- Also available in Universal Method for the Harp, Boscha-Oberthuer (Carl Fischer) listed as #31. This book is currently out of print.
- Quarter Note = 92
- Swan Lake Suite op.20a (Peter Ilyich Tschaikovsky)
- No.4 Scene - beginning through cadenza (stop before the 6/8)
- Kalmus # A2185 - Luck's # 06921
- Here are the sight-readings from past years as guidance and practice. They will not be used again.
- 2014 District Harp Sight-reading
- 2015 District Harp Sight-reading
- 2016 District Harp Sight-reading
- 2017 District Harp Sight-reading
WINDS and PERCUSSION - See Band Division Requirements