Educator Bridge Program
ILMEA Educator Bridge Program
New Teacher Mentorship Program
New teachers can register for this free program here!
The ILMEA Music Educator Bridge Program is designed to help bridge the gap between studying to be a music educator and teaching in your own classroom. Our goals are to:
- provide guidance and support for new educators through meaningful peer relationships and mentoring opportunities
- provide veteran teachers meaningful peer relationships that enable them to pass along valuable knowledge
- combat attrition statistics and help keep educators more confident, productive, healthier, and happier in their positions
- welcome new educators to ILMEA and provide structure that will allow them continued support
Much of the program will be developed around the needs of the
Curriculum topics will be grouped into three categories: Professional, Personal, and philosophical. All three strands will be covered in each call.
- Professional: Content that equips new teachers with the professional skills and knowledge that will facilitate short and long-term success.
- Personal: Skills and strategies to engage in effective self-care
- Philosophical: Discussion and reflection that strengthens thinking about our purpose as music educators
First year meetings will be 60 minutes, held from 6-7pm. Below are the dates:
September 10 and 24
October 8 and 22
November 12 and 26
January - In person meeting at IMEC TBA
April Last session for the first year TBD
Year two meetings will be determined after the first year.