Put your own creative spin on "On My Way" by Swedish DJ Tobtok!
Listen to the full original on YouTube here: "On My Way" by Tobtok
Download the remix stems here: "On My Way" Remix Stems
NEW - Remix Template for GarageBand iOS: *coming soon*
NEW - Remix Tepmlate for GarageBand for Mac: *coming soon*
Deadline is November 1, 2018 - continue reading below for remix-specific information and find the full rules by clicking the "Composition Contest" link on the left.
- Review all of the contest guidelines.
- Create your remix!
- Save your remix as an mp3 file titled only with your school student ID number.
- Upload your remix to a Google Drive folder titled only with your school student ID number. Make sure sharing is set to "On - Anyone with the link can view".
- Your music teacher should complete the online entry form in RNS, including a link to the Google Drive folder.
- The $15 entry fee will be added to your school's District Festival Billing Sheet.
What is a remix?
A remixer uses one or more audio samples to create a new piece of music. For example, a vocal track that has been removed from the rest of the instruments can be placed within an entirely new backdrop of instruments and harmonies. The voice can also have its tone edited, and its pitch and rhythm changed. Another example would be when an audio sample is trimmed down to a single beat and then pitch corrected to create new melodies and rhythms.
A variety of software is available to complete these tasks including Apple’s GarageBand and Logic Pro and the multi-platform Abelton Live. You can even create a remix using a simpledigital audio recording software (like the free and open-source program, Audacity). If you have any questions, simply find out what software you have access to and then use an Internet search engine to find out how you would make a remix using that software.