Junior Level Auditions
Senior Level Auditions
1. Required Selection(s)
#1 (All Districts): Clue's Blues, Scott Ninmer (Kendor Music Publications #43102)
- The District Senior Instrumental Jazz Representative will choose one or more excerpts from the state required piece and post the measure numbers to be used during the audition at the district audition site.
#2: Selected by your ILMEA District (if applicable)
- For retired Sight-reading examples, please scroll to the bottom of the Audition Resources & Information page.
- Districts will use one of the following selections for the improvisation portion of the District Audition.
- Jamey Aebersold Jazz, Inc., Vol 6, Track 1 - Now’s The Time/Billie’s Bounce
- Jamey Aebersold Jazz, Inc., Vol. I, Track 8 - Blues in F
4a. Overall Considerations - Jazz Wind & Brass
- Stylistic Accuracy, Tone Quality, Intonation
4b. Overall Considerations - Rhythm
- Stylistic Accuracy
- Rhythmic Stability
Click Here for detailed information on each section of the district audition and scoring.