Junior Level Auditions
Required Strings Audition Materials
Senior level auditions will be blind auditions; click here for a sample script of what to expect.
1. 2018-2019: Brahms Year
2. Senior-Level Scales
Click here for the Orchestra Scale Sheets
- C, G, D, A, E, F, and Bb Major
- c and g melodic minor
- Violin-Viola-Cello: Three Octaves
- String Bass: Two Octaves
- Quarter Note = 120
- Detached Bowing
4. District selected supplemental excerpts. Please contact your district Orchestra Representative for more information.
Required Harp Audition materials
1. 2018-2019 Harp Etude
"#32 Allegro Scherzando," 40 Easy Studies (Quarante Celebres Etudes) op.318, Book 2, Nicholas Boscha (Salvi Publications)
- Also available in Universal Method for the Harp, Boscha-Oberthuer (Carl Fischer) listed as #31. This book is currently out of print.
- Quarter Note = 92
2. 2018-2019 Harp Excerpt
"Swan Lake Suite op.20a", Peter Ilyich Tschaikovsky
- No.4 Scene - beginning through cadenza (stop before the 6/8)
- Kalmus # A2185 - Luck's # 06921
Following are the sight-readings from past years as guidance and practice. They will not be used again.